This book is very complex, and i think thats a cool thing because things that are simple are boring but then again its so confusing that it gets annoying. I find myself having to go back and read paragraphs over and skim over the previous reading to understand the time. (whether its past, present, future.) I dont really feel like anything exciting happens, so i'm kinda thrown off at times. I dont think i would really recommend this book to anyone unless i know a certain someone that likes reading these types of books that follow such a storyline.
Basically, the weaknesses in this book would probably have to be the fact that its something hard to comprehend certain timeframes. I also dont think this book has enough imagery. I might be wrong but so far, thats what i feel. Many of the situations in the story dont really make the reader feel a sense of rush. My opinion might be different that others. I just like to read a book that makes me feel like i am 100% apart of it and makes me WANT to keep reading.
The book isnt horrible, there are strengths...
I like the fact that the author allows the reader to feel what he is feeling.
This book has very strong dialogue as well, which is a very important aspect for an author to keep in mind. In all, this book isnt bad, but i dont think i would talk about it to my friends. I'm not crazy about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can agree with a lot of these sentiments only slightly stronger. I do feel the book has a strong sense of voice but at the same time I do not feel its the strongest I've encountered in literature. Also music is the sole imagery most the time which means its only effective when the reader is familiar with the music.
ReplyDeleteI think that some of the issues that you have with the book are valid. It is a little hard to follow but I liked it because it was different from other books that I have read. I agree that the book had strong dialogue and that I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone else. I haven't finished the book so I may feel differently once I'm done, but reading your response does make me think differently about the book.
ReplyDelete