One of the poems i chose...THE MOON
WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL I ALWAYS DREAMT OF GOING UP TO THE MOON AND BEING THE ONLY PERSON THERE, STARING DOWN AT THE WORLD. NOW I STILL DREAM OF IT AND I WONDER WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE BEING THE ONLY SOUL ON THE MOON LOOKING DOWN AT THE EARTH. IMAGINING IT, IT WOULD BE SO QUIET AND SO PEACEFUL AND THE EARTH WOULD LOOK SO DIFFERENT. THINGS ALWAYS APPEAR TO BE SO DIFFERENT WHEN YOU LOOK AT THEM FROM AFAR BUT IN REALITY OUR EARTH IS SO CHAOTIC. I WISH OUR EARTH COULD BE MORE PEACEFUL AND SERENE LIKE IT APPEARS FROM THE MOON.
-ALISSAR
I was inspired to write this poem because i always thought of the moon as such a fascinating place and i just wanted to write about something that moved me. Sometimes we overlook the beauty of the moon because its always there and we became immune to it because we always see it, but to me, i think its an extraordinary place and that's why i chose to write about it. I actually didnt face any challenges in writing this poem just because i wasnt taking it too seriously and i was writing from the heart so it wasnt difficult for me to write. I believe when someone is pressured or writing to please others, they will face difficulties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment